Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Let's Do This!

So we all probably know about the new Transworld video that is coming out this year, titled "And Now", but while we are all waiting for that to drop, I felt that this video would fill the void nicely. So I went to the shop and found it there for $10. That in itself was already a good deal, but even better was the fact that it came with a free year subscription to TWS. Now let's talk about the flick itself. This video includes Brian Brown, Emanuel Guzman, Peter Smolik, Clint Peterson, and Devine Calloway. Now, ever since the release of "First Love", another video I really enjoyed watching, a lot of people have been saying that the Transworld videos are far too formulaic. I personally don't have a problem with them keeping the feel of their videos the same, because every one of Transworld's videos has left me inspired. I mean, if people want to make that complaint about it, they should at least make that complaint in other areas where it is due. I mean I love the Static series, but I think an outsider could make the very same comment about each one of those videos just being more of the same. We're running out of space, so I'll just give you a brief rundown of each person's part. So, Brian Brown's Part was my favorite overall, probably due to the fact that I share his love for city terrain. I think if you enjoyed Alex Olson's part in "Fully Flared", you will really enjoy Emanuel Guzman's part. Clint seems like a cool guy off of his board, but even better on his board. Smolik must eat a lot of spinach to snap his ollies and flip tricks as high as he does. I already knew Devine was amazing, so his part makes good use of the phrase "If you didn't know, now you know."

No comments: